Department Overview (“The area”):
At Google, we organize and change around our users and customers. Google’s Advertising Sales team embodies that pursuit: We’re devoted to finding relevant solutions that meet our clients’ changing advertising needs. In that regard, Advertising Sales does more than simply make money for our company. Our efforts focus on the ways that Google technology enables the world’s biggest advertisers to enjoy immediate and accountable communication with the consumer.
Job Description (“The role”):
You will be involved in Google’s sales and business development operations within Indonesia. As a Google Industry Manager, you’ll provide advertising solutions to consumers and businesses within the Tech or Finance vertical. This job is a mix of finding and managing new and existing business customer relationships. Working closely with the Country Head to develop Google’s marketplace, you’ll combine a penchant for the industry and demonstrated fluency in the language of media with strong presentation and communication skills. You’ll own the relationships with clients and agencies, targeting, educating and developing new clients to grow the business in un-penetrated territory. This means you have excellent client-servicing and relationship skills along with the entrepreneurial drive to approach and persuade new and existing customers with large, multi-faceted propositions.
- Target new Tech or Finance customers and develop strong relationships with clients and their marketing services agencies.
- Analyze data trends and client performance, develop solid strategic sales plans, and prepare and conduct strategic pitches and sales presentations.
- Collaborate and consult with major customers with the goal of extending relationships, increasing your client and agency base and optimizing their advertising expenditures.
- Develop case studies of successful campaigns in order to share insights with customers and to serve as an evangelist at targeted events and conferences.
- Champion new product releases, internally and externally.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Solid media experience, preferable online, with a good understanding of search.
- Strong sales and deal-closing behaviors. Substantial experience in business development, client relationship and servicing skills, and consultative selling, with the ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Established network of contacts and considerable sales experience within the Tech or Finance sector.
- Strong ability to mentor account managers in an effort to drive their performance.
- Strong knowledge of Google products such as AdWords.
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia.